Transitional style is the perfect balance between classic and contemporary décor. This style allows you to take inspiration from any period in history, to design a truly unique home that sacrifices nothing in the way of comfort and practicality.
Finding the right furniture is key to achieving a harmonious transitional style. Sometimes, you can choose furniture items that absolutely embody the style, which is often the case with Amish Furniture online.
Amish collections take inspiration from the past while bringing new innovations and styling trends. Superior quality and craftsmanship, and beautiful natural materials make Amish Furniture the premium choice.
Before you redecorate, take the time to learn about transitional style and how to incorporate it into your home.
How to Achieve the Transitional Style Using the Best Amish Furniture
Transitional style is not difficult to pull off, but you will always need to keep the basics in mind. There’s a little more involved here than just mixing old and new furniture and décor.
- Fabrics like suede, patterned textiles and leather are hallmarks of the transitional style.
- A transitional home should feature some elements of minimalism. Try to limit accessories and kitsch.
- Tone on tone color palettes features extensively in transitional style. Stick to a small palette and then go deep on saturation. For example, if gray is your base color, you’ll need to use different shades of it to get the perfect transitional appearance.
- Areas of focus should be simple. Aim for standout furniture pieces or even a simple feature wall.
- Your furniture should feature clean, straight lines with fewer curves and embellishments. There are several Amish Furniture collections that would suit.
- Reflective surfaces work well for this style. You could incorporate high-gloss furniture lacquers, mirrors, stainless steel, and glass to achieve the perfect aesthetic.
- Your furniture choices can be big and bold, so don’t be afraid of oversizing. Particularly in the bedroom, large furniture collections will stand out.
- Contrast is achieved through variations of a base color or contrasting textiles. Avoid using too many clashing colors in a transitional home.
- Transitional décor should be high end and sophisticated. You don’t need to spend a lot on all of your furnishings, but it’s a good idea to go for some key upscale pieces to tie every room together. Sofas, dining tables, and occasional tables are ideal for making a statement.
- The best colors to use in transitional style are neutral. Cream, black, taupe, and gray are some of the most common choices. Some pastel colors can work, including greens, reds, and blues. However, it’s important to keep the saturation down when working with lighter colors.
Transitional Style is Never Random
Combining elements from different time periods doesn’t mean that you can go all out with random furniture selections. Pieces should be carefully chosen to complement each other and your overall décor. Keep a theme in mind so that you can achieve unity on your redesign. Working from a simple color palette should be your starting point. You could also choose one standout piece of furniture that inspires the rest of your collection.
When incorporating antiques, these should be high end and sophisticated, but never garish. Color can be used to create contrast and drama in your home, but you should avoid going too far towards eclectic styles.
Three of the Best
Unique handmade furniture could help you to bring the style together in your head. Take a look at some inspiring examples from our online Amish Furniture collection.
- With clean understated lines and flawless timber construction, the Bungalow Console and Towers would be an impressive set piece in a transitional living room.
- Featuring a neutral design that blends textile and wood, the Country Mission Sofa is a perfect example of handmade Amish Furniture for transitional style. Black or bone leather upholstery would be perfect for a subdued color palette. The subtle curved arms are understated enough that they’ll work with straight, squared-off furniture.
- The Big Sur Panel Bed is an impressive piece of monolithic furniture that would look great in a transitional bedroom. With not a curve in sight, this is an excellent example of contemporary style that carries the tradition of wooden furniture making.
There’s plenty more to discover at the Amish Showroom, with custom handmade furniture that can complement any home in the transitional style. Explore our collections online and enjoy convenient delivery to your home.